Exhaust and muffler repairs
At Car Servicing and You our fully equipped workshop in Carnegie, next to Caulfield and Malvern East, provides muffler and exhaust system repairs and replacement for all makes and models. All our car repairs come with a minimum 12 month/20000km warranty.
Common Exhaust system problems include:
- Excessive noise levels
- Lack of power
- Rattling noises from under the car
- Leaking gaskets
- Exhaust fumes entering the cabin
The exhaust system is designed to remove gases produced during your engine’s combustion process. The major components of an exhaust system include:
- Exhaust manifolds connect directly to the cylinder head for removing each cylinder’s exhaust and combining it into one pipe.
- Oxygen sensors measure the ratio of oxygen to exhaust and provide your car’s ECU data that allow it to maximize fuel economy by increasing or decreasing the amount of fuel delivered to the engine.
- Catalytic converter changes environmentally harmful carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons to water vapor and carbon dioxide to minimise the environmental impact of your vehicle.
- Mufflers use baffles to bounce the exhaust around and reduce the noise that comes from the combustion process of your engine.
- Exhaust pipes allow exhaust gases to pass out and into the air usually at the rear of the vehicle.