Following a car maintenance schedule and service interval record, regular upkeep of the car maximises the performance of your vehicle.
In this process, there is a list of items which need to be checked as per the manufacturer’s warranty and season. There are certain parts which need to be periodically, whereas some parts need a regular checkup.
Whether you are considering a new car or thinking about your old model, keep these ultimate car maintenance checklist handy from Car Servicing & You.
SHORT-TERM CAR MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- Tyres – Rotating tyres help to extend their service life
- Oil and coolant level – To avoid all the problems related to the engine
- Air Filter – For improved fuel efficiency, decreased emissions and great life of the engine
- Tyre Pressure and Tread Depth – For safer and fuel-efficient drive on the roads
- Oil and filter – Vital for good engine condition
- Brake, Headlights, Signals and Parking Lights – Very important for safety on the roads
- Waxing the exteriors – To keep it shiny, keep the paint in good shape and reduce the chances of rusting
LONG TERM CAR MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- Coolant Fluid Exchange – To ensure that the radiator is contaminant free
- Transmission Fluid – To keep all of the moving parts inside the transmission functioning efficiently
- Transfer Case Fluid – To effectively shift power from the transmission to the axles
- Inspection of Struts and Shocks – For efficient control during impact and rebound
- Serpentine Belt – To power alternator, power steering pump, air conditioner compressor and other peripheral devices
- Spark Plugs – For engine to run at optimal capacity
- Differentials – For more power to the tyres
SEASONAL CAR MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- Battery performance – To check the power consumption during extreme climates
- Coolant levels – To keep a check of anti-freeze levels in the radiator
- Tyres – For efficient traction and handling performance while increasing braking distance
- Windshield wipers – Replace annually
For the best results in car repair & maintenance, always consult a professional mechanic and car’s operating manual for manufacturer recommendations. For fixed price car servicing packages and log book servicing, call Car Servicing & You at (03) 9571 0505/(03) 9336 3930/03 8560 3299.