The Ultimate Car Maintenance Checklist For A Great Ride
Following a car maintenance schedule and service interval record, regular upkeep of the car maximises the performance of your vehicle.
In this process, there is a list of items which need to be checked as per the manufacturer's warranty and season. There are certain parts which need to be periodically, whereas some parts need a regular checkup.
Whether you are considering a new car or thinking about your old model, keep these ultimate car maintenance checklist handy from Car Servicing & You.
SHORT-TERM CAR MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- 1. Tyres - Rotating tyres help to extend their service life
- 2. Oil and coolant level - To avoid all the problems related to the engine
- 3. Air Filter - For improved fuel efficiency, decreased emissions and great life of the engine
- 4. Tyre Pressure and Tread Depth - For safer and fuel-efficient drive on the roads
- 5. Oil and filter - Vital for good engine condition
- 6. Brake, Headlights, Signals and Parking Lights - Very important for safety on the roads
- 7. Waxing the exteriors - To keep it shiny, keep the paint in good shape and reduce the chances of rusting
LONG TERM CAR MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- 1. Coolant Fluid Exchange - To ensure that the radiator is contaminant free
- 2. Transmission Fluid - To keep all of the moving parts inside the transmission functioning efficiently
- 3. Transfer Case Fluid - To effectively shift power from the transmission to the axles
- 4. Inspection of Struts and Shocks - For efficient control during impact and rebound
- 5. Serpentine Belt - To power alternator, power steering pump, air conditioner compressor and other peripheral devices
- 6. Spark Plugs - For engine to run at optimal capacity
- 7. Differentials - For more power to the tyres
SEASONAL CAR MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST:
- 1. Battery performance - To check the power consumption during extreme climates
- 2. Coolant levels - To keep a check of anti-freeze levels in the radiator
- 3. Tyres - For efficient traction and handling performance while increasing braking distance
- 4. Windshield wipers - Replace annually
For the best results in car repair & maintenance, always consult a professional mechanic and car’s operating manual for manufacturer recommendations. For fixed price car servicing packages and log book servicing, call Car Servicing & You at (03) 9571 0505/(03) 9336 3930/03 8560 3299.
comments powered by Disqus