To work optimally, vehicles require a regular preventive maintenance schedule. These maintenance and repair services, when executed by certified mechanics help to ensure great longevity for your vehicle.
To work optimally, vehicles require a regular preventive maintenance schedule. These maintenance and repair services, when executed by certified mechanics help to ensure great longevity for your vehicle. Whether a first time car owner or a seasoned driver, there are certain important factors to avoid when sending your cars for servicing:
- Not being aware of the basics of car maintenance : There are vague problems such as correctly jumpstarting the car or changing a flat tyre which can be handled much easily if the owner has basic knowledge of the issues. It would also help the driver out when stuck in a tight spot or prevent visiting the car service centre for simple problems.
- Not checking the tyre pressure : Tyre maintenance is all about avoiding flat tyres and maintaining good fuel economy. Knowing what your tyres need, in accordance to the owner’s manual would make life much easier for you and your tyres.
- Not inspecting or changing brakes : Brake pad replacement is an expensive affair, but if you delay the weared out brakes can damage the rotators and other components.
- Neglecting oil changes : Don’t leave oil changes for longer durations after 8000 to 10,000 miles because bad oil damages the engine.
- Avoiding fuel checks : Engine coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid and other relevant fluids need to be checked at regular intervals to avoid expensive damages.
To schedule a routine maintenance for your vehicles, call your own reliable car servicing centre – Car Servicing & You.